Farm Raised Poultry, Beef and Pork
All of our animal feed (except our veggies) comes from Hiland Naturals, a NON-GMO project verified company!
Due to the overwhelming interest in our first ever meat CSA, we have decided to continue with 3 more share sessions this year! With 6 bi-weekly pick ups for each share.
How our it works:
- Like a typical veggie CSA you receive a share of our harvest, but instead of veggies you receive a variety of meats, eggs and other products raised on our farm.
- Part of participating in a meat CSA is the educational value and experience of being an integral part of a local farm. It is important for members to understand that we are raising livestock for you. That one steer or pig can only be divided into so many chops, steaks and roasts. The meat CSA provides our member families with an experience that introduces them to often new and lesser-known cuts along with the more familiar steaks, hams and chops.
- You can expect a monthly newsletter filled with info about the best way to prepare your cuts, how to get many meals out of one bird or roast, lots of recipes for rubs, pastes and various cooking methods.
- For being a member, you automatically receive your share at discount off retail market value.
- Session 2 Spring/ Early Summer begins the week of April 25th -July 4th
- Session 3 Summer begins July 18th-September 26th
- Session 4 Fall begins October 3rd-December 12th
- Pick-ups on Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday at our farm stand (delivery available to our Fairfield, New Haven, Norwalk, and Greenwich CSA drop off locations for an additional fee)
- You do not need to be a veggie CSA member to sign up for the meat CSA
“Live” Poultry Fresh Killed (Custom Orders Only)
Chicken-Finished on GMO free feed
Fresh whole “Broilers” are available year round.
About our Chickens: Our meat chickens are currently raised in barns on our farm. They are raised as humanely as possible; not overcrowded, never fed hormones or antibiotics. They are bedded down with kiln dried sawdust twice daily to keep them dry and healthy. We do all chicken processing here at the farm. They are processed as humanely as possible. Since we are only able to process limited numbers of chickens each day, you are guaranteed the freshest, best tasting chicken around.
Pre-Order Only – $3.75/lb
We will cut whole Chicken into pieces upon request N/C
New York dressed chickens available (head and feet still attached)
Chicken Freezer Special
- 5 chickens cut into parts.
- *You will get 1 bag of wings (10), 1 bag of thighs (10), 1 bag of legs (10), 10 breasts (breasts can be boneless upon request)
- *You also get the backbones, which are great for soup stock.
- *And you can also have the feet (completely optional must be requested to be included) to add to stock if you want.
- *The chicken meat is in freezer bags, so all you have to do is put the bags in the freezer.
- Minimum order for this special is 5 chickens.
- You can also order more than 5 or have them cut and bagged anyway you want. You can also have them left whole.
- **price/lb= $3.50 Chickens average 5-6 lbs each.
- **price/lb= $3.75 with boneless breasts
Sign up for our CHICKEN CSA and Save $$
How the chicken CSA works:
- You commit to buying a certain number of chickens for the season – 10 weeks
- Cost is 20% off our retail price because you pay upfront
- Additional chickens (anytime) or parts (when available) can be purchased at 20% off retail price
- Starts the week of November 28, 2017 and runs for 10 weeks until the week of January 30, 2018 with pick up options of Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday at our farm stand either weekly or bi-weekly (drop off options not available yet)
- You choose your share size and schedule (how many and how often)
- You choose how you want your chicken(s) cut (backbone and innards need to be included but head and feet are optional)
- Chickens may be fresh or frozen depending on availability
- You do not need to be a veggie CSA member to sign up for the chicken CSA
Deadline to sign up is November 21st, 2017
Antibiotic and Growth Hormone Free, RAISED on our farm!
Chickens can be picked up here at the farm in Shelton, the Shelton Farmers’ Market, or in New Haven at the CitySeed Farmers’ Markets. But pre-ordering is necessary.
Turkey: Our Turkeys are Fed All GMO Free Food
(Nov. & Dec.) Available by pre-order only. We start taking orders July 1st!
They range in size from 18 to 35 pounds. Turkeys are processed here the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas fresh and are never frozen. A quick email that you want one and the approximate size will be sufficient. We will email you a confirmation number that you will need when you pick up your turkey.
$4.25/lb all sizes
**Please take into consideration that you are ordering a live animal, the actual weight of the turkey you get and the turkey you order may vary slightly.
Turkey pick up is Nov. 20th, 21st, and 22nd 2017 from 10 am - 6 pm at our farm stand in Shelton.
Or you must specify in your email if you would like to pick up your turkey in New Haven at Cityseed’s Wooster Farmer’s market.
December turkeys: pick up by appointment.
Our cows have derived from the Shelton’s Dairy milking herd. Our first beef cow on the farm was a young heifer born from a Hereford bull we used to breed the young Holstein heifers. Her Hereford traits earned her a place as our first beef cow. As the farm ceased to exist as a Dairy we slowly evolved into the position we are in now. The cows are pasture fed in the summer and fed our hay in the winter, along with all the mothers milk they need. When the cows wean the calves and we decide which are ready for slaughter, we bring them to another pasture where they are fed hay, extra veggies, sweet corn stalks and a small amount of GMO-free grain to help marble the meat for the best final product. No hormones or antibiotics are needed raising our animals the natural way!
2017 Beef Price List:
Beef Frankfurters $10.00
Sirloin Steaks $15.00
Porterhouse Steak $17.00
T-bone Steak $15.00
Rib Steak $15.00
Hanger Steak $17.00
Skirt Steak $17.00
Flank Steak $17.00
Sirlion Tip Roast $11.00
Sirlion Tip Steak $11.00
Top Round Roast $11.00
Bottom Round Roast $10.00
Shoulder Steak $11.00
Shoulder Roast $11.00
Eye of the Round $11.00
London Broil $12.00
Chuck Steak $11.00
Chuck Roast $11.00
Stew Meat $11.00
Minute Steaks $12.00
Ground Beef 5# pkg $7.50
Ground Beef 1.5# pkg $8.00
Short Ribs $9.00
Soup Shanks $9.00
We are now also offering SEASONAL BEEF SHARES for $8/lb !
Beef Shares are a sampler box of approximately 90-95 lbs of meat.
Click here to see what is included in the 2017 Beef share.
Email to order today!
Veggie-fed Pasture-raised PORK !
Pasture Raised, Antibiotic and Hormone Free!
Pork the way it should be. Our pigs get to root around in the dirt, splash in puddles and take mud baths whenever they want and sleep in beds of warm cozy hay.
Sweet It. sausage bulk $8.50
Sweet It. sausage links $9.50
Cheese and Parsley It. Sausage $9.50
Hot It. sausage links $9.50
American sausage $8.50
Ground Pork $8.00
Shoulder butt roast $10.00
Picnic Roast $10.00
Fresh Ham Roast $10.00
Loin roast $11.00
Boneless Loin roast $13.00
Tenderloin roast $17.00
Loin chops $11.00
Country Style ribs $11.00
Spare ribs $11.00
Baby back ribs $12.00
Smoked Hocks $9.00
Smoked Ham $11.00
Bacon Ends $7.00
Pork Frankfurters $10.00
Fat Back $4.00
* All prices listed are per pound
Whole or half pigs processed, cut and packaged for your freezer $7.00/lb hanging weight. We do not sell whole or half pigs for pig roasts
We are now also offering SEASONAL PORK SHARES for $8/lb !
Pork Shares are a sampler box of approximately 75-80 lbs of meat.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact us with your questions at email@example.com
Thanks very much, we hope to see you at the farm!
Fred & Stacia