CSA – Community Supported Agriculture
Why a CSA work for both the farmer and consumer!
A CSA or community supported agriculture program works because you, the member send in your deposit or payment early before the season starts. That way, we the farmers, can pay for our supplies as needed without having to take out loans or buy on credit and pay high interest rates. This helps us keep our costs lower, in turn being able to give you more vegetables than what you've paid for.
By joining our CSA you will be buying the freshest food for your family; most veggies will have been harvested within 24 hours of your share pick up (some are within only 2 or 3 hours from the field). By eating seasonally you can explore new foods and learn to cook with them. We send out weekly newsletters with tips for cleaning and storing your veggies, occasional nutritional and scientific information about the veggies in your share, and tons of recipes to use your veggies in. Share healthy eating habits with your family and friends and you will be protecting the environment by supporting farmers who take care of their land by growing food in ways that take care of the soil, air, and water. You also cut down on the number of miles your food travels from the farm to your plate.
For us, the farmers, to be able to start growing the food for our members to eat this year; we need to buy 10's of thousands of dollars of seeds and fertilizer, we need to pay for tractor and equipment repairs and maintenance, we have to pay property taxes on our farm and rent to the land owners of the farms and fields we lease. We need to pay for insurance, greenhouse heat, buy pots and potting mix, boxes, bags, baskets, hand-tools and irrigation supplies for the field, and most importantly pay our employees who help us grow your food.
For those of you who are planning on joining NOW is the time to send in your enrollment form and sign up for this year.
Thank you for your continued support of local agriculture and most importantly our family farm.
FRED & STACIA MONAHAN
How our CSA Works:
You buy a share of our farms seasonal harvest. The share is picked up or delivered weekly.
• There are now 4 different CSA season options you can purchase. (Details Here)
• You have a choice to purchase any single season or a combination or all 4.
• Half share payment or deposit is due with completed application and the second payment is due by first pick-up. Credit Card payments are now accepted but will be charged an additional 5% fee. (You are welcome to contact us to discuss alternative payment arrangements if necessary)
• The weekly share consists of a hand packed box full of fresh farm products.
• Unclaimed Farm pick-up boxes will be available at the farm until the next day. If you forget your box it can be picked up after hours or the next morning. After 24 hours all unclaimed, abandon boxes are donated to Monroe Food Bank or The Spooner House
• Unclaimed Fairfield, Westport, Norwalk, Greenwich and Market boxes will be donated to local food banks at the discretion of the location. (We are not responsible for these shares after we drop them off)
• Failure to pick-up shares at set times or without prior notification in will result in a forfeit of the week’s share.
Share pick-up options:
o Tuesday Farm Stand Pick-up times: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
o Friday Farm Stand Pick-up times: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Shelton – Unilever **Must be an employee
Fairfield – Greenfield Hills Congregational Church 1045 Old Academy Rd. 12PM-6PM
Westport – Wakeman Town Farm 134 Cross Hwy. 12PM-7PM
Shelton–Shelton Farmers’ Market – 100 Canal St. from 3PM-6:30PM
Norwalk – Temple Shalom 259 Richards Ave. 11:30 AM - 7 PM
Stamford – Synchrony – 777 Long Ridge **Must be an employee
-Tenants of the Ashforth Building – 3001 & 707 Summer St. **Must be an employee to participate
Greenwich – St. Paul Lutheran Church. 290 Delavan Ave. 2PM- 8PM.
-Tenants of the Ashforth Building - 2 Greenwich Plz**Must be an employee
New Haven – Location TBD
Shelton– Shelton Farmers’ Market – 100 Canal St. from 9AM-1PM
Choice of days cannot be changed without 24 hours notice.
CSA Enrollment Forms
Click the links below to download
Stone Gardens Farm Stand pick up CSA enrollment form
Shelton drop off locations CSA enrollment form.
Fairfield and New Haven drop off locations CSA Enrollment form
Westport and Norwalk drop off locations CSA enrollment form
Stamford and Greenwich drop off locations CSA enrollment form
Farm Credit may be purchased and used throughout the season, in lieu of cash, at our farm stand. Farm credit is NOT a weekly CSA Farm Share.
- Pre-pay in $90.00 increments to receive a respective $100.00 credit at the Farm Stand only.
- Farm Credit can be used for any Farm Stand Purchase.
- Unlimited renewals.
- Credit can be used in fractions or all at once.
- Credit can be used by designees pre-authorized by credit holder.
- Purchaser is required to sign credit slip at the time of credit purchase.
- Download the Farm Credit Application here in PDF format.
- Farm Credit expires 12 months from date last used.
Cash or check only. Credit Card payments not eligible for 10% discount. Pre-pay in $90.00 increments to receive a respective $100.00 credit at the Farm Stand. Unlimited renewals Unused credit expires 12 months from last purchase. Credit can be used in fractions or all at once. Credit can be used by designees pre-authorized by credit holder Purchaser is required to sign credit slip at the time of purchase. FARM CREDIT CANNOT BE USED AS CSA SHARE PAYMENT